April 13, 2019
8:00 am —
1337 St Andrews Ave, North Vancouver, BC
Med Ed is an invitational series of lectures on various topics relating to a medical career path. Are you looking to get into the health-care field? Listen to advice and interesting talks from medical students, residents, nurses, and doctors. Ask questions, gain insight, and learn!
- Dr. Kourosh Afshar – Associate Professor Department of Urologic Sciences UBC and Associate Chief of Surgery, Quality and Safety, BC Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Danny Mendelsohn – Neurosurgeon, Lions Gate Hospital
- Steven Schaffer – Male Nurse, Lions Gate Hospital
- Dr. Kevin Heyries- Co-founder of AbCellera
- Dr. George Chang – Surgeon and Clinical Instructor, Lions Gate Hospital
- Mackenzie Campbell- Medical Student
- Eric Zhao – MD/PHD Candidate
- Dr. Michelle Chiu- Pediatric Neurology Chief Resident
- Dr. Clara Westwell-Roper – Psychiatry Resident
All proceeds from this event will go towards enhancing the patient experience through investment in innovation and the next generation of medical technology as we transition to the high-tech Medical & Surgical Centre coming to LGH in 2023.