The Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact for visitors to the Foundation office both in person and over the phone and provides administrative support to the Executive Assistant and the donations team.
- Greets visitors to the Foundation office both in person and over the phone, assisting with their enquiries, accepting donations, and directing calls and appointments as required.
- During the Christmas season, manages the front-office Christmas card sales.
- Keeps the reception area clean and tidy.
- Assists with 50/50 raffle ticket sales.
- Under the direction of the Executive Assistant, provides administrative support for the Staff Education Fund and other committee work as required.
- Reconciles monthly VISA charges and petty cash.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail, couriers and the general office email account; opens, sorts and distributes mail.
- Monitors office stationery and supplies, places orders and accepts new supplies upon delivery. Keeps the storage room tidy and stocked.
- Manages meeting room bookings and ensures the boardroom and all communal areas are kept tidy and sanitary.
- Performs other related office duties and works on special projects as required.
- Issues campaign pledge reminders to donors and tracks pledges in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assists the Executive with preparation of proposals, correspondence and Stewardship Reports.
- Supports the Executive with donor ‘queries’ and database reports.
- Manages ‘gift in kind’ receipting for donations of medical equipment.
- Assists the donations team in processing donations through Raiser’s Edge; contacting donors when donation information is incomplete and updating donor information as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills; fluency in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Raiser’s Edge experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Works well as a team player
- Works well under pressure and deals effectively with stressful situations
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Ability to work with confidential information with discretion
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A level of education and experience equivalent to Grade 12 and have completed recognized post-secondary courses in secretarial training
- Above average demonstrated ability in MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint programs, including mail merges
- Ability to type at least 50 wpm
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Works under the Executive Assistant.
- This is a part-time position with flexibility in determining work hours.
HOW TO APPLY
- To explore this career opportunity, please forward your resume via email to [email protected].
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 10, 2021