Under the direction of the Asian Community Relations Manager, the Development Assistant’s primary responsibility is to work on the Foundation’s events and communications materials related to engagement of the local Asian community. In doing so, this position liaises with a number of different audiences, including donors, volunteers, committee members and Foundation staff.
- Assisting with marketing and communications tasks involved with annual fundraising events for the Asian community.
- Coordinating third party events and other Foundation events in the community.
- Updating the Foundation’s Chinese webpage and WeChat account on a daily basis.
- Attending committee meetings and providing administrative support to committee members.
- Designing and producing invitations and other communications materials via WeChat.
- Translating marketing, solicitation and stewardship materials into Chinese as required.
- Updating event sponsorship pledges and donor information, and reconciling batches in Raiser’s Edge.
- Working with the Digital Coordinator to schedule social media postings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as required.
- Providing general administrative assistance as required.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Fluency in English and Mandarin; both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience working with Raiser’s Edge and WordPress an asset.
- Ability to work outside regular office hours.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, a multi-tasker and a team player.
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Has tact, diplomacy and displays maturity in dealing with clients (donors and volunteers).
- Experience in a professional office environment with working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WeChat, and demonstrated ability in page management on these platforms.
Reports to the Asian Community Relations Manager with oversight by Vice President.
This is a six-month contract position for approximately 20 hours per week with flexibility regarding work location and the possibility of becoming a full-time role.