The goal of the LGHF Youth Advisory Committee is to promote the Foundation’s vision and spread our message in the community while providing youth and students leadership opportunities and development of transferable skills within a healthcare environment. Please see below for more information on committee members’ roles and responsibilities.
- Identify opportunities to involve North Shore youth with the Foundation
- Promote the Foundation’s vision within the North Shore community, serve as an ambassador
- Develop fundraising ideas for current initiatives/campaigns
- Use social media to reach the North Shore population, particularly within schools
- Assist with special events where appropriate
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 22 for the period of September through June
- Attendance at meetings throughout the year
- Attendance at LGHF community outreach events
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize, and work to deadlines
- Opportunity to give back and make a difference to the quality of health care for everyone in our community.
- Opportunity to learn how a Foundation operates
- Opportunity to liaise with Foundation leadership including executives and community leaders who serve on the Foundation Board
- Minimum of 10 volunteer hours
- Experience serving on a committee
- Opportunity to promote health care on the North Shore
- Opportunity to obtain references
Applications Closed for the 2020-2021 Program
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions about the Youth Advisory Committee.